Summit Camps is recruiting qualified Remote Camp Carpenters and Installation techs. We offer an inclusive working environment, competitive wages and a benefits package available following probationary period. Wage will be commensurate to experience. This position usually works 10–12-hour days and shifts are 3 weeks in camp and 1-2 weeks home, per site requirements. For further information on Summit Camps please visit our website: summitcamps.ca.
Primary Role: · Duties vary and include building wall tents, tent floors, stick frame cabins, outhouses and renovations on existing structures. Duties may also include facilities maintenance management. We are looking for adaptable, talented carpenters, who love working in remote environments.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License with clean drivers abstract, preferred
- WHMIS and First Aid Level 1, preferred
- Fall Arrest Certification preferred
- CSTS Construction Safety Training preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in construction carpentry roles (less experience may be considered at the lower wage rate)
- Hands on experience with building and renovating exploration style camp facilities such as cabins, outhouses, tent floors and assembling wall tent
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- Flexible, 'whatever it takes' attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs
- Good physical stamina; capable of working long hours on your feet
- Must be able to live in a remote camp environment for extended periods.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Carpentry work on camp structures, including installing modular buildings, construction, renovations on existing structures
- Able to safely use and maintain various small construction tools such as drills, skill saws, reciprocating saws, table saws, small hand tools etc.
- Implement Summit’s Safety Management System
Although this posting is for one particular project, it is also to join Summit's construction and facilities maintenance team to be assigned to a variety of projects over time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Seasonal
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a current Fall Arrest Certification?
- Do you have a current Telehandler certification?
- Do you have a current class 5 driver's license?
- A requirement of this job is to live and work in a remote workforce camp for up to three weeks at a time in a drug and alcohol free environment. Some sites require you follow COVID-19 protocols for site access. Is this a suitable work environment for you?
- carpentry: 3 years (preferred)
- remote camp: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 2023-04-17
Expected start date: 2023-05-01