Lightspeed is looking for a high-energy and driven Sales Development Representative to help us execute our outbound efforts for our Golf product. This role is the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. You would be joining our Demand Generation team, who is responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the sales team. The ideal candidate will have experience generating leads or selling technology-based solutions. If you're looking to grow your Sales career, then this is the position for you!
Now we get to brag about us:
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its cloud-based software provides solutions to 650+ golf courses, coupled with a marketplace for golfers to find & book games in real-time. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software ( https://www.lightspeedhq.com/pos/retail/ ) helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Chronogolf by Lightspeed provides golf course managers with the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. We empower business owners with a complete overview of their facility in one place thanks to a platform that manages everything ranging from booking management to customers subscriptions, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Chronogolf has been disrupting the golf market since 2012, bringing a cloud-based solution to an industry relying on on-site hardware.
- Complete direct marketing activities to gather contact information on prospective customers and enhance our CRM data (HubSpot) for your direct markets.
- Prospecting and Identifying new business, primarily through telephone and email communication, by reaching out to golf directors to present our services.
- Handle inbound calls/emails and book demos of our software to prospective leads with a product specialist.
- Connect with post-demo prospects to gather feedback and position our services as a solution to streamline their operations.
- Capitalize on up-sell opportunities with our existing customer database.
- Work with the marketing team and the sales team to develop new strategies to grow our sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly quarterly and annual goals.
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- 2+ years of outbound sales or customer facing experience.
- Enjoy the game of golf – major plus.
- Experience in technology (software, mobile or other) – major plus.
- English proficiency needed.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication.
- Autonomous, outgoing, a self-starter.
- BA or MSc or a degree in a relevant field.
- Tech savvy, but able to understand people who are not.
- Being awesome and entrepreneurial.
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you'll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!