RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
Do you want to work for a world-renowned Research Institute that pushes the boundaries of biomedical science and health research? Right here in Montreal!
At the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC), you can be part of an organization focused on scientific discovery and innovation in patient-centered medicine. Join us today and make a difference!
Under the general supervision of the manager of the Animal Resources Division, the technician performs animal care-related duties, technical procedures and administrative duties related to the care and use of laboratory animals.
- Performs animal health-related duties: observes and performs physical examinations of animals,
- Identifies, records and reports animal health problems to the Veterinarian and Investigators/research staff,
- Administers treatments and perform diagnostic tests as prescribed by the Veterinarian,
- Provides training and orientation to the PIs and research staff,
- Prepares the required equipment, instruments, and supplies for surgery or procedures and provide surgical pre and post-op care,
- Conducts routine and specialized techniques on laboratory animals,
- Provides information to PIs and Research staff concerning animal health, administration of treatment, techniques and animal use protocols,
- Performs husbandry and technical duties related to the care and maintenance of animals,
- Helps maintain inventory of materials, medications and equipment,
- Operates and monitors appropriate equipment, tools, materials and instruments,
- Administrative duties (data entry, coordinate meetings, reception, training session).
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- D.E.C. with specialization in Animal Health Technology (of 2,730 hours - Program 145.A0) from a school recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation, Loisir et Sport,
- Experience with large research animal models is an asset,
- CALAS-AALAS Certification or equivalent considered an asset,
- Capacity of adaptation,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent organizational skills in managing priorities, multi-tasking and prioritizing for time-sensitive issues and working under minimal supervision,
- Demonstrated versatility with computer applications, namely Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet,
- Proficient French and English spoken and written.
Temporary Occasional Part-time (on call), hours per week will vary according to the need of the division (1 year contract, renewable)
Pay Scale :
commensurate with qualifications and experience
Work Shift :
starts at 8 a.m. (Saturday and/or Sunday, and/or holidays, and vacation replacements)
Work Site :
RI-MUHC - Glen and MGH site
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
About the RI-MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.