We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating safer working attitudes through safety training at Hazmasters. The ideal safety instructor has an operations back ground in industry before they became a trainer and educator. We find that the combination of operating and educating gives life experiences that help communicate the safety training curriculum. We need someone who is passionate about people and the safety curriculum.
·Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects and practical exercises.
· Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses.
· Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress.
· Coordinate course logistics including but not limited to: food, refreshments, collateral material, samples, certificates
· Maintain classrooms according to 5S principles
· Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training.
· Joint calls with Safety Specialists to promote HazSafeED
· Supervise development of current and future company instructors.
· May provide consultation services to potential company clients, government, business and other organizations.
· May participate or lead groups concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
· Establish / maintain relationship with local regulatory bodies and provide updates to local management
· A bachelor's degree, a college or instructor’s diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required.
· A certificate, diploma or degree in adult education may be required.
· Specific certificates in certain areas may be required.
· 3-5 years
· Fit within a fast-paced, friendly, dynamic team culture
· Energetic team player with a passion for people
Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress. Evaluate the student’s practical abilities to perform the necessary tasks. Prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses. deliver lectures and presentations. Conduct equipment inspections and make pass/fail decisions.
· Additional Skills:
Prepare reports. Use audio-visual equipment.
· Essential Skills:
Oral communication, working with others, computer use, problem solving, job task planning and organizing, writing, reading text, document use, finding information, critical thinking, decision making and continuous learning.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $400.00 /day