Controller (reference number: M0152)
Are you searching for a challenging career in a competitive and growing organization?
Who we are:
Canadian Gem Inc. is a leading North American pearl jewellery manufacturing and distribution company. Based in Montreal, Canada, with an office in Hong Kong, Canadian Gem is a trailblazer in the importation of genuine cultured pearls from Asia and Australia.
Permanent, full time, non-unionized position
The successful candidate will oversee the planning, management and coordination of all accounting activities of the company and of those of its subsidiary in Hong Kong. He/she will be responsible, amongst other tasks, for the effective management of accounting activities, for the implementation of internal processes and controls, for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable and activities related to the administration of the company.
Direct Report: Vice-President.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and Coordination
· Manage, coordinate and prepare financial statements for two businesses.
· Manage the entire accounting cycle and budgeting process.
· Manage annual audit process and coordinate external auditor activities.
· Direct, supervise and guide the assistant controller.
· Stay informed of all current regulatory obligations.
Finances and Accounting
· Maintain and keep books and records of accounts: record transactions, complete entries, undertake reconciliations, prepare account balancing and reporting.
· Monitor the accounts of the general ledger, reporting systems and internal control systems.
· Supervise inventory tracking processes, assess discrepancies and correct entries.
· Reconcile inter-company accounts.
· Undertake relevant analyses of financial and accounting data and activities, produce reports and provide recommendations to senior management.
· Prepare and process payroll (30 employees) and manage group plans.
· Undertake operations related to the management of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
· Prepare and process transfers on banking platform and monitor all payments.
· Prepare and provide financial information to the bank.
· Undertake all government remittances (PST-QST, DAS, etc.).
Undertake other related tasks, as assigned by senior management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Undergraduate (Bachelor degree) in accounting sciences or business administration (accounting or finance major), or a certificate in accounting, or a combination of training and equivalent experience.
· At least 4 years of work experience in a similar position.
Linguistic and Technical Requirements
· Proficiency (written and spoken) in English and French.
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Excel (essential); Proficiency in MS Dynamics Navision (an asset).
Qualifying Skills and Abilities
· Professional work ethic and integrity.
· Analytic thinking, rigorous and detail-oriented.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to manage a high work volume and multiple files simultaneously.
· Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Good communication skills.
· Good management skills.
· Strong sense of initiative, autonomy and resourcefulness.
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs/week (overtime hours may be required during peak seasons).
Salary Range: $CAD 50, 000 - $CAD 55,000 (salary based on qualifications/experience).
· Annual bonus based on performance.
· Group insurance (partially subsidized by employer): medical, dental, life, coverage for dependents.
· Two-week paid vacation at start; sick and personal days.
· Employee discount on company products.
· Downtown Montreal location – easily accessible by public transit - great panoramic view from the offices.
How to Apply:
Please submit one document, which includes your curriculum vitae and a short cover letter stating why you think you are the best candidate for this position.
Application Deadline: February 7th, 2020.
Diversity and Inclusion: Canadian Gem strives to ensure a respectful and inclusive workplace.
Canadian Gem thanks all candidates for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that applications will be kept for 6 months, in the event other opportunities become available within the organization.
Post Date: Monday January 20th, 2020.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
Salaire : 50 000,00$ à 55 000,00$ /année