VPC Group Inc., a Canadian owned and operated company, converts chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. We create a positive work experience for employees and exceptional value for customers and other stakeholders.
VPC is looking for a dynamic General Managerto engage our people, delight our customers, and consistently achieve or exceed business expectations. This position reports directly to the President and CEO.
Highlights of responsibilities include:
- Make Health and Safety a pre-condition for all that is done.
- Drive "Customer Obsession".
- Create a positive culture through motivation and engagement.
- Inspire team to exceed expectations through continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Champion the development and direction of manufacturing/plant initiatives for all products.
- Manage long-term strategic plans and tactical implementation of production systems across the enterprise.
- Develop systems to evaluate, score, and implement manufacturing business system process improvements.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement by integrating tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.) into processes.
- Coach and develop line workers in problem-solving techniques and on-the-spot production troubleshooting. Manage employees and recommend optimal staffing levels and schedules.
- Improve production standards through time studies and other standard data development methods.
- Must have 8-10 years of management experience in manufacturing
- Must be Customer Obsessed
- University degree in Engineering or Business Management with appropriate manufacturing management experience preferred.
- Furniture/Bedding manufacturing experience an asset.
- Strong thought leadership with ability to independently take calculated risks.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive and able to influence a team.
- Familiarity with formulation experience with polyurethane chemicals an asset.
- Strong inventory and production management skills.
- Experience in a unionized environment required.
- Strong communication skills for interactions with vendors, customers, internal departments and cross functional teams.
- Training and knowledge of Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Must be able to operate with a sense of urgency.
VPC is committed to employment equity. Should you require accommodation please indicate your requirements and accommodation will be made available at any stage of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- labour relations: 5 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 8 years (Required)
- manufacturing management: 8 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)