We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
Love of the outdoors is a common thread among Bean employees, whether we pursue active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities.
As a store employee, you'll be joining one of the most respected retailers in the world. We empower and entrust employees to bring our world-famous brand to life.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated passion for providing world-class customer service
- Friendly and outgoing communication style with the ability to engage customers in order to determine their needs, relay product information and drive sales
- Proficiency with computer systems; ability to learn and efficiently use the Point of Sale register and other online systems
- Possesses adaptability and openness to change as business processes change or sales floor needs fluctuate.
- Availability and flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Connected to the brand; has a genuine passion for the outdoors and actively participates in one or more core activities that L.L. Bean supports
- Approaches and engages all customers. Skillfully assists multiple customers by assessing needs, prioritizing the level of service each requires and providing personal, genuine service interactions.
- Enthusiastically seeks opportunities to convert every customer that enters store. Continuously strives to drive sales and brand loyalty through great service.
- Demonstrates passion for learning and sharing product knowledge; proactively sources information as a tool for selling and shares features and benefits in all departments to build units per transaction.
- Actively listens to gain understanding of customer’s unique needs and is empowered to solve the problem quickly and efficiently for the customer.
- Provides service to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. Fulfill their needs with alternative products when necessary. Turns a challenge into a selling opportunity.
- Demonstrates credibility as a knowledgeable ambassador of L.L. Bean and is knowledgeable about outdoor-inspired apparel and equipment.
- Represents the core values and brand appropriately in all situations (service, dress code, interpersonal skills).
- Maintains a well-organized back of house and easy to shop floor.
- Exhibits a strong detail orientation and attention to visual and merchandising standards. Maintains standards while assisting multiple customers (folds, replenishment, sizing, organization).
- Upholds store operations processes and productivity standards including replenishment, receiving and organizing stock to ensure product is available on the floor for customers to shop.
- Works collaboratively as part of store team to achieve results. Open to other’s ideas. Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Effectively adapts to an ever-changing work environment.
- Adheres to policy and procedures, Responsible for creating and upholding a safe and healthy work environment.
- May be responsible for light housekeeping duties
Education Level: Minimum High School graduation diploma or equivalent.
- One year + of retail, or related experience.
- Job Type: Part-time
L.L. Bean is an equal opportunity employer, committed to sustaining our strengths by welcoming all kinds of people.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)