About Magna Mining Inc.
Magna Mining is an exploration and development company focused on sulphide nickel, copper and PGM projects in the Sudbury region of Ontario, Canada. The Company’s flagship asset is the past producing Shakespeare Mine which has major permits for the construction of a 4500 tonne per day open pit mine, processing plant and tailings storage facility and is surrounded by a contiguous 180km2prospective land package. Additional information about the Company is available on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) and on the Company’s website (www.magnamining.com).
The Exploration Geologist will be responsible to provide geological support to the exploration team that will focus on logging exploration drill holes using MXDeposit software, spotting diamond drill holes, 3D ore zones and lithologies wireframing, surface mapping and sampling, environmental sampling, and other assigned duties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Logging core (rock type, textures, alterations, structures, veining, sampling, etc).
- Spotting drill holes.
- Complete field visits to drill sits to check drill site locations and ensure drill and exploration programs are conducted to high standards and samples are collected and transported to the assay lab efficiently.
- Contribute to comprehensive exploration target generation and plans including compilation of historical data, managing, and analyzing site database, surface sampling and mapping, and historical core reviews
- Contribute to geological interpretation of structures information, data compilation, integration and 3D wireframing using Datamine Studio EM
- Performing field geological work (mapping, sample collection, QA/QC, channel sampling, etc.) and following CIM guidelines for best practices.
- Ensure geological data is collected to specified standards and QA/QC protocol is followed and drill logs are error free and validated
- Recording and collecting of high quality, detailed data along with rock and soil samples for geochemical analysis. Utilizing scientific principles and knowledge during sample collection.
- Complete daily data entry and quality control checks.
- Data entry and management of drill hole databases.
- Prepares samples and paperwork for submission to analytical laboratories.
- Preparing various reports.
- Assisting with environmental sampling and monitoring.
- Other responsibilities and duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geosciences or equivalent as required.
- Must either have a membership as a Professional Geologist in Province of Ontario (P.Geo) or be eligible for and working towards a professional accreditation in geology in Ontario
- Minimum one to three years of experience
- Geological Knowledge of economic mineral systems.
- Proficient with common computer skills including preparation of documents and presentations, spreadsheet use, database data entry, and email use.
- High safety standard.
- Skill using or ability to learn industry-standard software packages (MxDeposit, Datamine, QGIS).
- Use of a compass, maps, and handheld Garmin GPS
- Appropriate knowledge of the principles and practices of geology.
- Effective communication and organization skills.
- Proficiency with geological modelling software and core logging software (MX deposit, Datamine, QGIS) and data management skills.
- Ability to work in adverse weather and terrain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work will from time to time be in an outdoor setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Valid driver’s license and comfort with bush road navigation, off-road vehicles (ei., snowmobiles & ATV’s) and watercraft.
Hours and Compensation: Magna Mining provides a competitive compensation package. This is a Full-Time position and the incumbent may be required to work rotation on other projects outside of Sudbury in which Magna is involved.
We appreciate your interest, but please note that we will only be contacting successful applicants.
Magna Mining welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process
Posted Date: November 29, 2022
Location of position: Sudbury, Ontario.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
At Magna Mining, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Magna is following all recommended policies and procedures as set out by the Health Unit in relation to Covid19.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Sudbury, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- membership as a Professional Geologist in Ontario (preferred)
Work Location: In person