PRT operates a diverse network of 17 nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow a wide variety of high-quality container forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions. Annual production of 250 million seedlings makes PRT the largest producer of containerized forest seedlings in North America. We produce trees for customers from British Columbia to Ontario and Michigan to Alabama to Oregon.
In 2018 we celebrated our 30th anniversary and grown 4 Billion forest seedlings for reforestation!
The Grower 2 will be responsible for the following:
- to assist with the production of quality forest seedling crops by applying effective forest nursery practices and principles;
- to operationally assist, co-ordinate and train forest nursery workers in required nursery work activities;
- to keep neat and accurate records including computerized record keeping systems;
- to operate computerized and other control systems;
- to maintain, repair and upgrade nursery facilities and ensure proper maintenance of equipment in use;
- follow a company directed IPM program, applying pesticides as needed;
- weekend work and shift work will be required.
The minimum qualifications for the position will be the successful completion of two certificates in horticulture. Applicants must hold a BC driver’s license, and be capable of obtaining a pesticide applicator certificate. Applicants must also be able to operate greenhouse equipment and climate control systems, to coordinate and supervise operational tasks, to work with minimal direct supervision, and to provide basic maintenance of facilities and equipment. Candidates may be required to pass written and practical tests to demonstrate that they have the required qualifications, skill, experience, ability, competence and efficiency for this position.
Situated in the breathtaking Okanagan Valley, Vernon BC is surrounded by beauty. During the summer months the valley offers countless sandy beaches, hot sun, and a variety of outdoor activities. Okanagan Lake provides the valley not only with excellent water activities, but is also a spectacular backdrop to the golf courses, fruit orchards, wineries and popular ski resorts.
Check out our employment video here:
$24.12 / hour
As soon as possible
March 4, 2020
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, or to apply, please visit the career page of our prt.com website.
Thank you for applying; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted