We are a fast growth, entrepreneurial Canadian manufacturer of baked goods. “Great people, baking great products, for a great future.”
Operating for over 25 years, at Give & Go Prepared Foods, we're all about providing innovative, quality bakery solutions that meet our customer needs, whether it's convenience, increased efficiency, creative product offerings, and of course, growing sales.
You know and love our products. From bite sized delights under the bestselling two-bite® brand, decadent indulgences under Kimberley's Bakeshoppe™, feel good snacks under Mason St. Bakehouse™, or traditional treats that are good to the last crumb under The Worthy Crumb Pastry Co™
We're a strong North American team and we're growing… fast. Our customers love us because we're innovative, creative and try to do things right every time. That's also the recipe for success when you join the Give & Go team.
Under the general supervision of the Area Leader and/or Sanitation Supervisor Sanitation worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing processing and packaging equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean bakery equipment, roof, fans, ceilings, walls and floors using specific procedures as directed. Follow specific instructions to clean flour handling equipment;
- Perform all responsibilities following established GMP, Food Safety, and Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Keep accurate records of cleaning performed;
- Inspect areas requiring attention;
- Keep Area Leader/Supervisor informed of any unsanitary practices that may be occurring in the plant;
- Follow sanitation procedures during changeovers.
- Create a continuous improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the area while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Perform duties assigned from the Master Cleaning Schedule. Inspect areas requiring attention.
- Job duties are varied and spread over a number of locations in the plant. Therefore, special assignments may be created on a case-by case basis.
- Perform daily and down day assignments as scheduled by supervision as well as all other related assignments including assisting and training of other associates as required by Supervision;
- Job duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned.
Health & Safety
- Follow the company’s health and safety program, rule and procedure and work in compliance with health and safety-related legislation and codes
- Report all incidents, injuries, illnesses, and near misses to your Supervisor
- Use or wear safety equipment and personal protective equipment required by the company
- Report to your supervisor any hazardous or unsafe conditions, absence or defects in equipment and any contravention of health
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to listen, and follow directions.
- Must be able to communicate in Basic English, both verbal and written.
- Must follow all safety procedures and guidelines.
- Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts.
- Working holidays and weekends are frequently required.
- Regular, dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- One year work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment is an asset.
What we can offer:
- It's an exciting time to be part of the Give & Go team as we are growing rapidly and want you to become a part our growth and extraordinarily bright future.
- As we grow, we are committed to preserve the parts of our diversity & culture that is unique, people focused and are core to our success at every size. Our values of Quality, Direct Communication and Respect mean something.
- Learning and growth; we are working to create an environment where sharing new ideas, experimenting and learning from each other is strongly encouraged.
- Competitive Benefits, along with work, life balance!
Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, Give and Go will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- Sanitation: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)