Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS and Seattle, WA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to
achieve a common goal:
to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
We are currently looking for a Scientist, to join our Ligand Binding Assays team. The Scientist & BPI is responsible to develop ligand binding assays to quantify biotherapeutics, biomarkers and anti-drug antibodies (ADA) in biologic matrices using various assays platforms. Is responsible for the supervision of analysts and QC auditors in his/her team, troubleshooting activities and fulfill Principal Bioanalytical Investigator responsibilities.
- Develop ligand binding assays for the determination of PK, biomarker and anti-therapeutic antibodies using various assay platforms;
- Applies specific technology platforms such as Mesoscale Imager, Luminex 200, Bio Tek plate reader and Biotek plate washer/dispenser;
- Act as a Principal Investigator on validation or sample analysis projects; includes oversight of the technical, scientific and regulatory (GLP compliance) conduct;
- Coordinate all aspects of studies to meet deliverables;
- Provide updates and responses to Sponsor questions;
- Promote and lead scientific initiatives in the bioanalytical laboratory;
- Contribute to the visibility of the Ligand Binding Assay Group, via presentation of posters and/or oral lectures at conferences;
- Prepare specific bioanalytical Method SOP, Validation Plan, Validation Report and Bioanalytical Reports;
- Participate in authorship and/or review of general SOPs for the LBA department.
- University degree ideally a PhD with at least 2 to 5 years of experience in the development of ligand binding assays and coaching of laboratory personnel in a CRO or Pharma GLP-regulated environment;
- Systematic analytical approach to experimental planning and problem solving;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Attentive to details, good observation skills;
- Superior ability to troubleshoot ligand binding assays by exploring innovative solutions and thinking “outside of the box”;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal in French & English);
- Experience in supervision is an asset;
- Software: MS-Office, Outlook, Labeller. GraphPad Prism, Gen5 on BioTek Reader, Data Analysis Toolbox Software on Sector Imager 2400 Reader, xPONENT software on Luminex 200 System.
Altasciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process are available upon request. Join us at Altasciences!