The successful applicant can be based in the following locations; Ottawa, Cornwall, Johnstown, Kingston, ON or Montreal, QC.
We are a fast-paced and growing organization that operates with innovative software programs. We are excited to add a member to our Central Operations team. We are looking for individuals who are interested in developing their career while contributing to the growth of our business and enjoy a challenging and stimulating work environment.
Core Job Functions
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Work directly with operational and HSE management to achieve safety targets.
- Coordinate activities with corporate Risk and HSE departments.
- Implement relevant safety awareness and incident prevention campaigns.
- Assist with driver recruitment activities
- Train and uphold relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance is met with federal and provincial regulations regarding health, safety and the environment, including with respect to the transportation of dangerous goods.
- Support managers with HSE related activities.
- Perform new driver competency and driver delivery audit evaluations.
- Responsible for supporting and participating in Emergency Response activities.
- Member of emergency response team including after hours on-call responsibilities.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the transportation industry.
- Fluent in both English and French (written and oral)
- Previous experience in a Health and Safety capacity.
- Previous experience working with petroleum product handling and delivery considered an asset.
- AZ (Class 1) driver’s license required.
- Previous experience in a Management position considered an asset.
- Previous experience working in an “on-call” environment considered an asset.
- Experience in training delivery and competency assessments of workers.
- Proven ability to deal productively with internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
We are committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
To apply please submit your resume via this ad.