Job title :
CLINCIAL RESOURCE REGISTERED NURSE, PERIOPERATIVE | INCENTIVE ATTACHED
SHUSWAP LAKE GEN HOSPITAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
We have an exciting opening for a Clinical Resource Registered Nurse to join Shuswap Lake General Hospital’s Surgical Services Team in beautiful Salmon Arm, BC – The heart of the BC Shuswap Region!
Shifts are scheduled during the Day, Monday to Friday with weekends off. We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, and extensive extended health plan, plus up to four weeks’ vacation after your first year of employment.
This position qualifies for a $10,000 Rural Recruitment and Retention Grant. Conditions apply as follows:
- The bonus is a taxable benefit.
- Available to potential external hires to Interior Health.
- Available current Interior Health Casual RN employees who have not had regular employment status in the past year and would need to relocate outside their current work location/community to take advantage of this opportunity.
What Will You Work On?
This position is the clinical resource for Shuswap Lake General Hospital’s Operating Room setting. The Clinical Resource RN is responsible for overseeing Operating Room scheduling and equipment needs on an ongoing, day-to-day operational basis. In the position you’ll direct, guide and teach staff and liaise with equipment representatives. Direct patient care in Operating Room theatre duties will apply working closely with physicians and surgeons.
How Will You Create Impact?
The Clinical Resource RN is critical to the entire surgical team running smoothly (i.e. operational needs/slates). And provides support to nursing and perioperative staff during procedures. Span of control includes cooperation with hospital Administration, Management, Educator and Patient Care Coordinator for a leadership team effort. Key component is working with Medical Device Reprocessing and equipment involved.
Shuswap Lake General Hospital’s Surgical Services is a large team of approximately 100 employees (i.e. OR RNs, MDRTs, booking clerks, purchasing clerks, RTs, PARR RNs, Surgical RNs, Perioperative Screening Nurses, Medical Daycare Nurses/Ambulatory Care combined).
How Will We Help You Grow?
Orientation will be provided customized to what is needed. Extra support available as needed. Internal iLearns and different courses to take all dependent on the person. Resources available.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking an Operating Room leader with recent 3 to 5 years of perioperative experience, such as Ortho, Urology, Gyne, General Surgeries, Dental, Ophthalmology, Endoscopy, and/or Pediatrics. Must have Perioperative advanced specialty education certificate and BLS Provider. Former teaching or supervising experience is an asset.
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of Perioperative nursing, three years of recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment and two years recent supervisory and teaching experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current CPR certification required.