Full-time Term Early Childhood Educator
ʔaq̓amnik̓ Daycare Centre
At ʔaq̓am we are dedicated to working toward our community Vision, collaborating to provide quality programs and services to ʔaq̓amnik̓ (the people). By infusing our Ktunaxa language and culture into the programming at our ʔaq̓amnik̓ Daycare Centre we are laying the foundation for the next generation of strong and healthy Ktunaxa citizens. Our employees enjoy exposure to Ktunaxa culture and language, a cohesive work environment; we offer excellent benefits and a diverse, dedicated and enthusiastic team!
In collaboration with the Daycare Manager, the Early Childhood Educator will assist the Daycare Centre to do its part in preparing our infants, toddlers and pre-school children of today to become our next generation of Ktunaxa professionals, trades people, parents, chiefs, councillors, artisans and more.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Provide quality childcare as well as plan and carry out developmentally and age appropriate educational activities to engage children aged 1-5 years in learning;
· Help children complete daily tasks and routines to gain independence and provide constant feedback and communication to build self-esteem;
· Function as a member of our cohesive, positive, flexible and exuberant team, which includes staff, management, parents and community members.
Successful candidates will have:
· Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certification and licence to practice;
· Doctor’s medical clearance letter;
· Up to date immunization record;
· First Aid Certificate
· Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Record Check;
Preference will be given to candidates who also have:
· Previous experience in a similar capacity, supervising and working with children; experience developing learning activities would be an asset.
· Previous experience working in a First Nation community.
· Food Safe certification.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Term Position: Start date as soon as successful candidate is found until December 18th, 2020.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary