About MBC Group
MBC Group is a proudly Canadian company that began as Bourret Appraisal and Consulting in 2000 under Marc Bourret. Marc began the company as a post-loss appraisal company that served the insurance industry for several years before they began to expand into additional markets. Since the company’s inception, MBC Group has expanded from a small family-owned business to a national multi-disciplinary company that provides services in Major Projects, Engineering, Property and Content Appraisals, Environmental Services, and Cyber Security. As the company grows, MBC Group continues to search for qualified individuals to join our fast paced and knowledgeable team of experts.
MBC Group is a fast-paced and growing company. We seek to help our employees deliver the best possible products to our Clients and supply any required equipment including mobile phones. MBC Group allows employees to work remotely (within the same province) or from your home office while not travelling. We also provide our employees with benefits including a group health insurance plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s permit and reliable vehicle
- Must be willing to travel on short notice (either in town or out of town)
- Construction Background (Mandatory)
- Insurance Background (Preferred)
- Minimum five (3) years experience in a related or similar role (appraiser, estimator, restoration contracting, etc.)
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times;
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile;
- Perform the necessary work to provide detailed replacement costs and actual cash value valuations on various complex residential, commercial, and industrial properties;
- Perform site inspections, quantity surveying, measuring, site meetings, specifications, quantifying, and pricing of various structures;
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full-cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work;
- Prepare materials, labour, and equipment cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications including establishing unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts;
- Produce specification bid documents, catastrophe valuations, and conflict resolution services;
- Review all final appraisal packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submission and recommendation;
- Cost control auditing for restoration and reconstruction projects; and construction contract management;
- And more.
MBC Group is a proud Canadian company that believes in equal opportunity and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Consulting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 3 years (Preferred)