WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This position leads the development and implementation of transportation safety and compliance programs for the assigned Canadian province, district and/or region. This position partners with the group-level Transportation Safety team and works directly with district leadership and store management to ensure that delivery drivers and fleet vehicles are readily prepared for SW product deliveries. This role is also responsible for onboarding new drivers, providing regular training and skills assessment of existing drivers, analyzing district-level reporting and recommending actions that support continuous improvement. resolving ad hoc driver-related issues regarding safety, compliance and vehicle maintenance.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the subject matter expert on delivery driver policy and processes
- Creates transportation safety programs for delivery driver and vehicle operations
- Facilitates new driver onboarding to ensure all new drivers are welcomed, appropriately trained and possess the adequate skills and service to succeed
- Works with District Leadership and Store Managers to facilitate and/or provide content for regular training of drivers regarding operations, safety and compliance priorities
- Analyzes District-level reporting regarding driving safety, vehicle maintenance and operational efficiencies; recommends action items and process improvements
- Works with Group-level and District-level resources to resolve ad hoc driver and/or fleet-related issues impacting compliance, safety, vehicle maintenance and/or efficiency
- Performs other duties and completes ad hoc projects and initiatives as required
- Ontario Secondary high school diploma
- Minimum age of 21 years old
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability and legal authorization to travel, including overnight travel
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a Sherwin-Williams Store Manager managing delivery-driver related operations; or two (2) years of experience working in a transportation-related supervisory/management role.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Class D Drivers License or higher