Our Front Desk team plays a key role in guest experience from the arrival process, guest interactions and optimizing guest satisfaction. The right candidate is passionate about HOSPITALITY and working as a team in every sense. This position is fulltime and includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- To handle all the phone calls and answer them in a polite and pleasant tone and to route them to the appropriate personnel.
- To welcome and greet all incoming guests and provide them information regarding the services of hotel.
- To maintain records of the guests by registering them and assigning rooms as per their requirement.
- To update these records and communication regarding guests and hotel as they pertain to the job.
- To seek information as to how the customer is planning to make his/her payment, accurately.
- To handle the inquires and make reservations as per the instructions given by the customers
- The front office attendant may also be responsible for various other duties like receiving the mails, prioritizing them, and responding to the inquiries made by the customers through mails.
- He/she is responsible for handling the customers' complaints and solving them promptly so that the incoming guests are satisfied and remain content.
- He/she interacts with the guests to verify and check whether all the services are being delivered in a proper manner.
- He/she is responsible for collecting the payments and posting additional charges that are incurred on special room services, food, beverages, and adding them to the guest's ledger.
- He/she instructs the house keeping staff regarding the time when the rooms will be vacated and makes sure that they are cleaned and maintained properly.
- He/she may even arrange some spot tours and make relevant reservations if there is a request from the guests.
- He/she ensures that all the valuable assets of the guests are deposited, protected and secured safely.
- He/she keeps records of all the business transactions, supervises the other staff members whenever there is a requirement and maintains professional and healthy relationship, especially with the potential clients.
Guest Service & Community Culture
- Promotes and encourages inter-departmental cooperation and communication to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Meets and exceeds the expectations of the associates by utilizing skills in order to maximize associate productivity
- Listens and responds to guests’ requests or concerns and taking action until completion.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Performs any other duties as required or deemed necessary to provide superior service and teamwork
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other associates to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment across departments.
Job Specifications and Skills:
Education: High School diploma is required. Post-Secondary education and/or previous hospitality training considered an asset.
Experience : 1-2 years experience in hospitality industry is considered an asset. Experience in PMS, POS and switchboard is an asset.
Interpersonal Skills : Focuses on solving conflict, Maintains confidentiality; Actively listens to others without interrupting or distractions; Maintains a positive attitude even in negative situations; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Versatile, able to work under pressure or stressful situations.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Able to work in a diverse work environment.
Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from suppliers. Strong computer and telephone abilities.
Community Minded: Knows the community in which they work; able to give clear concise directions, follows and participates in local events, holidays and functions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: based on experience
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort St. John, BC V1J 1Y5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-09-30
Expected start date: 2022-10-03