With over 120 years of experience in North America, Soletanche Bachy Canada (“SB Canada”) is an established leader in the deep foundations industry. Through our affiliation with the Soletanche Freyssinet group of companies, SB Canada combines local experience with international expertise and can complete any size of foundation project. Our employees enjoy a safe and stable work environment and a competitive compensation package based on experience. Reporting to Vice President, Operations, the General Superintendent is responsible for the oversight and leadership of the planning and execution of Projects, specifically the implementation of SB Canada’s HSEMS, oversight to project resources, liaison with clients and internal departments as well as supporting Equipment Resources and Preventative Maintenance programs.
The Employee is required to perform the duties outlined and attached to this Agreement as Schedule “A”.
Schedule “A” – General Superintendent - Duties
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Be an active participant in SB Canada’s HSE-MS;
- Immediately intervene whenever at risk behaviors are identified;
- Manage project activities throughout the project lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate
resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success;
- Support employment policies and procedures for hourly paid employees (including approval of
timesheets, competency reviews, development plans and performance management);
- Oversee equipment usage, reporting and transportation in accordance with SB Canada’s policies
- Assist project managers in determining techniques, equipment and production rates for cost
- Support and oversee site Quality Management program as required;
- Represent SB Canada at meetings with clients and general contractors as required;
- Determining forward workload in conjunction with the Vice President, Operations;
- Determining specific equipment requirements, including all tooling for each project;
- Placing purchase orders for materials in accordance with the current version of the DOA;
- Liaising with Equipment Coordinator to ensure equipment remains serviceable and provision is
made for routine and preventative maintenance (Note: this includes ensuring that all defects are
- Provide oversight to equipment storage, preservation and yard facilities as directed;
- Organize project logistics including transportation of resources in accordance with SB Canada
travel management program;
- Foster a team environment with other Superintendents to promote sharing of equipment and
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- 10-15 years of progressive experience specifically in deep foundation and earth retention
- Trade Certificate as Journeyman Crane Operator, Drill Rig operator, or other would be
considered an asset;
- Broad knowledge of Engineering principles;
- Well-developed interpersonal customer service and relationship building skills;
- Good oral and written English-language skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Self-motivated, energetic and reliable with a positive disposition;
- The ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work effectively;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
By joining our team, you will become part of a growing team and have opportunities to build strong
relationships with industry leaders from around the world with an employer that is committed to career
development. A competitive benefits package is just another reason why SB Canada is a great place to work.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply by email or send your resume via fax to 780-466-7465. Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. SB-Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent