Hebrew Foundation School (HFS) is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, committed, and dynamic individual with a passion for academic excellence. This individual is known for having a strong reputation of integrity, a sincere character and provides guidance, management and leadership in all school operations. The Director General is responsible for the well being and development of students, faculty and staff while reporting directly to the Board of Directors (BoD). Hebrew Foundation School’s mission is supported by three pillars: Student centered, Jewish Living & Forward thinking.
.Proven track record of successful academic and / or business leadership experience
Above & Beyond
1. A collaborative leader, who will empower a high performing leadership team and inspire faculty, students, parents and alumni toward the continued pursuit of excellence
2. Effectively communicates the value of an HFS education to the community
3. Cultivates an active, engaged, and highly visible presence within the HFS community and the West Island Jewish community
1. Relates very well to others & builds effective connections with all stakeholders, including parents
2. Creates a supportive work environment for all staff and fosters their career development
3. Creates & maintains a strong school culture and spirit
4. Demonstrates the benefits of the IB program to the school community
5. Demonstrates capacity to enforce clear structure, expectations, roles and responsibilities
1. Experience successfully negotiating collective agreements; being able to use conflict resolution skills to diffuse situations
2. Ensures compliance with the collective agreement and monitors the employee benefits process and its deployment
3. Recruits, develops and retains outstanding faculty, administration and support staff
4. Evaluates staff based on accomplishment of predetermined goals.
5. Establish and/or update policies as required by law and mandated by the BoD
1. Accountable for all financial matters, including budgeting, financial planning, sustainability, resource allocation, and the identification of new sources of income (ie. subsidies, grants and donations)
2. Monitors all expenditures to ensure that it is within budget, ensuring the linking of resource allocation to strategic and operational planning.
3. Collaboratively gathers inputs for the budget setting process and goal setting process.
4. Fundraising responsibilities in an indirect way (i.e. Friend -raising)
1. Develops and executes a plan to improve and build on school’s image & reputation in the community
2. Launches innovative outreach programs for community building; Fosters continued parent partnerships while maintaining existing collaborative networks with feeder organizations like CPEs, private daycares, synagogues etc.
3. Leads and attends community meetings and events to foster a culture of engagement among students, parents, and other community stakeholders
4. Leads a clear “branded” image in all communication
1. A confident public speaker; someone who instills confidence
2. Actively listens to others and effectively interprets others’ perceptions and motivations
3. Demonstrates ease in communicating to all stakeholders.
4. Eloquently represents the school to parents, faculty, and other organizational leaders in the community
1. Develops and executes a plan to significantly increase enrolment year over year May be required to work with marketing / third part specialists
2. Participates in school’s development program as required by the Development Committee
3. Participates in all Board meetings and oversees the creation and deployment of board and school committees, as necessary
4. Represents the school in its relations with government agencies and with educational organizations and accreditation agencies, ensuring compliance therewith (AJDS, Prizmah, BJEC, Federation CJA, & MELS and or similar organizations)
5. Ensures the school image and premises demonstrate the added value of a private school and suggest ways to continuously improve
6. Collaborates with the Finance Committee for building expenditures and maintenance and oversees capital expenditures as it pertains to the facility.
Job Type: Full-time