ProtechGeo has a great opportunity for a Junior Materials Technologist to join our growing team. At ProtechGeo, we are passionate about playing an active role in the preservation of our environment for future generations to use and enjoy. The successful candidate will be eager to learn, have a great attitude, be a team player and is excited to grow their skills.
Term: Full-time, temporary
Job Position: Junior Materials Technologist (Geotechnical)
- Inspect and conduct geotechnical material testing for the quality of construction materials (soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt)
- Reviewing and properly referencing construction drawings
- Monitor placement of various construction materials and workmanship
- Report any non-conformance concerns to the management
- Apply and promote Protech Geo’s health and safety rules
- Prepare and collect samples for laboratory testing
- Execute tests in the field or laboratory on construction materials to assess their quality
- Maintenance and care of materials testing equipment & vehicles.
- Facilitate and maintain strong positive client relations.
- Maintaining proper records of field testing and preparing daily test summary reports
- Ensuring all your reports and testing documents are complete, accurate, error-free, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Enjoys working outside
- Effective communicator
- Ability to take instruction
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry 50 LBS
- 8 hours a day or more
- Work will sometimes include weekends
- CSTS 2020, CSO, WHMIS 2015 certifications
- 1-2 years in a Civil Engineering program
- 0-2 year of construction experience
- Valid unrestricted class 5 driver’s / Minimum 3 - year clean drivers abstract
Salary: $25.00-$26.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Have you done 1-2 years in a civil engineering program?
Work Location: In person