Are you ready to design your future?
Be our next Geotechnical Field Technician !
Your work environment at EXP
In this role, you will be a part of the Earth & Environmental sector, based in the Markham, ON office . Under the leadership of the Project Manager, the successful candidate will participate in the conception and development of various residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure projects in the Geotechnical and Inspection and Testing Field.
What a day at EXP has in store for you
- Perform concrete slump, air test and cast test cylinders on the field
- Perform field soil compaction testing with soil density gauge
- Monitor the placement of asphalt pavement, including sampling and compaction testing
- Monitor the placement of soil and granular materials, and carry out compaction testing as part of trench backfill, engineered fill or general backfill or grading operations
- Carry out subgrade inspections
- Perform footing and reinforcing bar inspections
- Monitor the installation of caissons, piles and shoring system
- Properly identify/classify soil types from samples
- Perform soil and granular proctor tests
- Perform granular sieve tests
What your experience looks like
- Civil Technician or Technology Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Natural Sciences (Earth Science, Environmental Science, or Engineering)
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Ability to understand and resolve problems relating to soil, granular and asphalt while on construction sites
- Able to read drawings and specifications
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact when interacting with fellow staff, clients, consultants and contractors
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write clear field reports, including making recommendations
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as attention to detail
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for travel to construction sites
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, thousands of creative professionals across EXP work together to deliver extraordinary experiences year after year.
What makes us different
The passion, enthusiasm, diversity and industry-leading capabilities of our employees make us who we are. We’re committed to providing a challenging work environment that cultivates career growth, encourages creativity and rewards excellence.
Find out more about life at EXP by visiting www.exp.com .