Human Factors and User Centered Design Specialist-MON16853
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Lead or participate in User Centered Design activities related to Flight Deck and Human Machine Interface Design (HMI) for new aircrafts, significant cockpit modifications to existing aircraft and sustaining programs.
- Develop and analyze cockpit geometry according to physical and cognitive human capabilities and limitations.
- Lead or participate in conceptual studies for new aircraft, design optimization and trade studies.
- Develop overall flight deck concepts and User eXperience (UX) in line with BA flight deck philosophy.
- Develop interactive display concepts.
- Perform requirements elicitation and task analysis.
- Develop prospective scenarios for HMI usage in evolving airspace and market.
- Perform functional allocation.
- Provide cognitive and physical ergonomics expertise to support test and analysis.
- Contribute to evolution of BA flight deck roadmap.
- Develop Flight Deck HMI Intellectual Property.
- Mentor less experienced professionals.
- Participate and provide orientation and expertise in design review throughout flight deck design lifecycle.
- Contribute to the development of expertise in ergonomics and flight deck design.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design or Engineering and a Master's Degree in Ergonomics (covering both physical and cognitive ergonomics) or equivalent.
- You have 10 years of experience in user centered design for complex system.
- You have an excellent understanding of Flight Deck design standards (MIL STD 1472, SAE ARP 4101, 4102, 4103, 5056, ISO, etc.) including aircraft systems operation and user interface design, automation principles, verification and validation methods, human reliability and safety requirements.
- You have demonstrated aptitude for User Centered Design in the context of flight deck design.
- You have a proven innovation track record (portfolio, patents).
- You have a solid, practical, knowledge in physical ergonomics (anthropometry, strength, reach, vision) as well as cognitive ergonomics (cognition, perception, decision making, workload, situation awareness, human error).
- You have experience in computer 3D modeling; knowledge of CATIA and Ergonomic workbench is an asset.
- You are current with the state of the art in Flight Deck Human Machine Interface Technology.
- You are current with evolving airspace concepts (NextGen, SESAR).
- You possess excellent oral presentation and technical writing skills (English is required, French is an asset).
- You are a team player able to act as a facilitator, capable to work without supervision and under pressure, are organized and self-motivated.
- You show initiative, leadership, a strong sense of responsibility and integrity, have good negotiation and interpersonal communication skills and have an excellent technical judgment.
- You are versatile and able to absorb large quantity of information on new topics.
- You have the capacity to work concurrently on several projects.
- You have a drive for innovation, and show genuine consideration for users to define, infer and pre-empt user needs.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty during early design phase.
- You possess strong sketching, drawing, visualization and presentation skills.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
10.12.2019, 6:20:10 PM