Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry is seeking a full time Automated Net Washing Technician to help support our sea site operations.
Reporting to the Automated Net Washing Manager, the Automated Net Washing Technician is responsible for the cleaning of fish enclosure nets using a mechanized pressure washing system. Daily responsibilities will include operating, transporting, and maintaining the equipment, as well as developing efficient standardized washing practices. Shifts will be 8-days-on and 6-days-off, with the possibility of occasional overtime shifts as needed.
- Operation, transportation, and maintenance of robotic net washing equipment (Autoboss, a programmable, automated net cleaning machine designed to clean fish farming grower nets frequently http://www.trimaraservices.com/products/autoboss/ ).
- Operate boats and lifting equipment (such as Hiabs and forklifts) in a marine environment.
- Develop, maintain, and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Farm equipment maintenance.
- Comply with all lock out procedures.
- Understand and adhere to government regulations, Standard Operating Practices, WorkSafe BC regulations and company biosecurity rules and practices.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1 - 2 years of aquaculture experience or general work experience with equivalent duties and responsibilities.
- Preference will be given to applicants with Engine Mechanic or Aquaculture Certificate/Diploma.
- Formal mechanical training or equivalent experience.
- Proficient computer skills and strong communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Valid certificates for First Aid 1, WHMIS, Forklift, SVOP, and MED A-3
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Deadline to Apply: June 4, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- aquaculture: 1 year (Required)