IDEAL LOCATION FOR THIS POSITION IS QUEBEC CITY, QUEBEC CANADA
The CLAAS North American Trainee Program is a 12-24 month professional development plan within our NA Service Department. Participants will combine practical work experience with specialized development opportunities in North America and abroad. Program participants will become familiar with CLAAS products, dealer networks, customer operations, headquarter functions, and business practices. Concurrently, participants will perform duties essential to the assigned service functions such as assisting with the in-field technical support to dealership personnel and directly assists in the on-going development of the dealer’s ability to service and support CLAAS products. Successful completion of the North American Trainee Program is preparedness for a professional role as a Technical Support Representative in North America.
- Provides technical and service support for CLAAS products at the dealer location or customer site, including investigating concerns/ effectively identifying resolutions and assisting in training for dealer service techs, both at dealer locations and at company training locations;
- Regularly prepares and presents detailed technical reports of product performance and reliability issues to the Field Support and Warranty Manager.
- Assists with completion of Product Improvement Programs and Campaigns as requested.
- Schedules dealer and customer visits as dictated and directed by the technical needs of Field Support and Warranty Manager or at the request of the Region Technical Manager(s).
- Reports customer and dealer visits and territory activity on a regularly scheduled weekly basis.
- Reports results and variances periodically as well as propose necessary actions; position works closely with the Field Support and Warranty Manager.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
This position includes extensive travel – during harvest expect 80% - 100% travel; valid driver’s license and passport is required
o Extensive stays of 1-3 weeks may be required in support of personnel, training, or dealer regional harvest activities. During these times, 1 to 2 weekends away from home at a time is possible.
- Support of Service office personnel by reviewing documents and manuals as well as other support activities.
- Leads and participates in internal training programs, as required.
- Participates in technical training efforts held in Europe, as required.
- Other tasks as assigned or required by management.
- Bachelors’ Degree with emphasis in a technically related field or equivalent experience – Agricultural based study, a plus.
- Entry Level, 0-3 years’ progressive technical experience; 3+ years’ experience, preferred.
- Strong English & French language skills, required. German language skills a plus.
- Agriculture Equipment background with experience in machine operation, maintenance, and repair, preferred.
- Ability to safely operate the following: motor vehicles, towing trailer, forklifts, combines, tractors, balers, rakes, tedders, forager harvesters, etc. or strong ability to learn.
- Proficient computer use in MS Windows and mainframe computer systems, including but not limited to Outlook, Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn other programs as required. Experience with Outlook & SAP preferred.
- Ability to analyze agricultural equipment performance issues and quickly identify resolutions.
- Excellent technical communication skills in both written and oral form with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic tools (Elec. and Hyd.), including computer-based tools.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop and pick up objects.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Ability to see well enough to use a computer and work documents.
- Ability to see, hear and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer and cell phone, and to present and explain product details to customers.
- Ability to drive vehicle for extended periods of time.
Normal office / dealer / field environment. Requires frequent travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.