Job title :
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
CASTLEGAR HOME SUPPORT
Castlegar Home Support is seeking casual Community Health Workers to join their team! The ideal candidate will have completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and has a passion for providing client-centered care.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
We are seeking casual employees to join our team (casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week). At this time there are plenty of hours available and a successful applicant would likely have the benefit of being offered up to full time hours. You would also have the opportunity to apply for internal permanent positions as well as positions at other nearby Interior Health sites.
Community health services are provided between the hours of 07:00 and 23:00, seven days per week, so shifts will fall within those hours. We have a great need for short notice and vacation coverage right now so plan to balance your time on the slopes at Red Mountain with enriching the lives of your clients – doesn’t get much better than that!
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
Because you are required to use your own vehicle to travel to clients’ houses, we provide an insurance differential as well as reimbursing your mileage. If you are looking for the opportunity to work regular hours with a fun, supportive and progressive team, apply today!
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
- Along with your CV or resume please upload a copy of your Health Care Aide certificate.*