Shanti Tea supplies high-quality Certified Organic teas, herbs and spices to businesses and consumers. Our products are manufactured in-house with care. We take great pride in our products and the quality of our customer relationships. If you want to be part of a growing company that cares about the environment and the quality of our food supply, please keep reading.
This is a permanent, full-time position. The ideal candidate is looking to build a career, not just a job.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
- Blend and flavour tea
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, shelf restock)
- Replenish tea in stock areas from overhead shelving
- Use the warehouse computer systems to process receiving of products and track other warehouse activities as required
- Keep detailed records and logs as required by the company
- Perform quality control checks on all incoming shipments
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits. This includes keeping track of product inventory levels, alerting the supervisor of low inventory levels and reconciliation of inventory discrepancies
- Tracking of shipments via courier websites
- Liaising with suppliers, brokers, carriers for imports
- Completing necessary import paperwork, sending to appropriate parties
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and co-workers
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment
- Maintain and follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Computer skills are mandatory
- Ability to plan, prioritize weekly tasks
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Experience with management tasks related to scheduling, HR, employment standards compliance, recordkeeping, etc. is an asset
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow direction
- Desire to learn
- Warehouse experience is mandatory
- Experience or knowledge of tea is an asset
- Salary starts at $14 per hour depending on qualifications and past experience
- Opportunities to grow
Please email your resume along with a short cover letter describing why you are the ideal candidate for this job.