Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
Supply Chain and Execution is responsible for scheduling production, packaging, warehouse and/or laboratory work to meet the agreed upon Master Production Schedule. Scheduling involves optimizing the use of production, packaging, warehouse and/or laboratory resources to achieve customer service objectives. Scheduling activities will concentrate on a 1 to 8-week horizon.
The position is also responsible for Supply Chain efficiencies through project based activities to enhance strategic corporate objectives. Demonstrates high level of engagement and organizational skills using advance understanding of capacity capabilities and limitations.
- Lead a Supply Chain project for efficiency gains or LEAN opportunities across cross functional areas
- Actively participate in workshops/transformations for highlighted process improvements
- Supporting strategic corporate/business objectives as per fiscal year requirements
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for their area across Supply Chain (Manufacturing/Packaging/Quality Control Lab)
- Understand cross site customers’ requirements to ensure their needs are met and supported
- Understand and implement escalation processes across Supply Chain with various levels of Management
- Tailoring information and communication based on targeted audience
- Minimize disruption across Supply Chain processes to meet ATP deadlines, while maximizing efficiencies in Production/Packaging/Labs
- Resolve bottleneck issues and predict next potential bottleneck within the work streams through analytical techniques and develop methods to satisfy internal and external customer requirements
- Resolves more complex issues with internal customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Using advanced understanding of capacity analysis to determine Scheduling limitations to drive decisions
- Lead Ad-hoc meetings effectively drive decisions and closures to gaps
- Ownership and accountable for final decisions based on facts generated in collaboration with input from other areas
- Coordinate Supply Chain priority decisions across the business (ex. Sampling/Finished Goods Shipment/Intermediates/Stock Transfer Orders)
- Thorough knowledge base on cross functional activities within Supply Chain (ex. Raw Material and QC schedules, Scheduling Mfg. flow between areas, Packaging bottles and blisters)
- Understand Corporate Fiscal objectives and translate them into personal and team growth
- Leadership role and Subject Matter Expert in areas of Supply Chain acting as a primary contact in absence of Management
- In collaboration with Production/QC/Packaging/Procurement/ and Logistics ensure internal and external customers’ requirements are delivered
- Demonstrates high level of engagement and organizational skills required in the execution of Scheduling activities across Supply Chain
- Periodic reviews of SOP’s to ensure information is adequate and aligned with cGMP regulations relating to Supply Chain
- Proactive approach to audit readiness
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Ensure personal adherence with all compliance programs including the Global Business Ethics and Compliance Program, Global Quality policies and procedures, Safety and Environment policies, and HR policies.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Community College or University graduate in related discipline preferred.
- Working towards APICS certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Laboratory
- Proficient with Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Participates and works supportively within a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates time management and organization skills.
- Displayed flexibility to changes in work environment.
- Foster a positive atmosphere within the team when challenges are presented and review action plans accordingly
- Experience in a process manufacturing or laboratory environment preferably. Pharmaceutical.
- Experience with LIMS/SAP concepts and application, as required.
- Experience with batch documentation issuance and control.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.