We are seeking an Environmental Manager to oversee the environmental needs of an industrial facility. The successful incumbent will hold a high level of environmental and operational technical knowledge and possess strong communication and decision making skills.
This position will be responsible for the management of environmental measurement, compliance, reporting, and permitting for an industrial facility, as well as liaison with industry, community, and government bodies on environmental matters. In addition, the environmental manager is expected to play an active role in the development, implementation, and management of health and safety programs both at the facility site and within the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Comply with and exceed all health and safety regulations, requirements, standards and procedures. Investigate and resolve any compliance problems, questions or complaints that arise.
- Accountable for preparation and submittal of accurate reports required under Federal, Provincial and Local regulations.
- Ensure record retention is successfully completed for environmental monitoring, reporting and any additional environmental documentation.
- Review and analyze current and proposed permits, laws, and regulations and effectively communicate impacts to management.
- Ensure air pollution control and measurement devices are maintained and operated according to the permit requirements and manufacturer’s specifications and permits.
- Coordinate Plant’s efforts to secure permits and permission to utilize alternative fuels and raw materials.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of relevant environmental and land use laws and regulations and train company employees on environmental issues, regulations, and company policies.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related environmental, scientific, or engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of proven successful environmental experience in industry.
- Strong knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Local Regulations and ability the regulations to the environmental program at the industrial facility.
- Previous experience auditing and inspecting industrial operations, identifying compliant/non-compliant environmental issues, and effectively communicate those findings to management.
- Experience in developing, implementing and leading effective environmental compliance strategies and management systems.
- Experience and demonstrated ability managing environmental program. This includes the preparation of permits and reports, interacting with regulatory agencies and providing strong communication with internal and external parties such as regulatory agencies.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and are interested in this position, please send a resume in MS Word format and quote Reference ID: 2020-600-717-003.
Only those Candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Environmental: 5 years (Required)
- Emissions/Greenhouse Gas: 1 year (Required)
- Environmental work in an industrial plant: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)