IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At NYGH, our team is making a world of difference. North York General Hospital is part of North York Toronto Health Partners, a collaborative partnership with patients, primary care, and community partners, a first- generation Ontario Health Team, driving the development of a locally integrated health system to serve the community. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Volunteer Services Associate, Volunteer Services
Your goal in this role as a part of the dynamic Volunteer Services team will be to attract more than 900 volunteers annually across 5 sites, who are passionate about delivering quality and impactful volunteer programming. You will be is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of an innovative, customer-focused volunteer program, while ensuring that health and safety policies and regulations are followed. You are a superb verbal and written communicator, a natural problem solver, and are highly organized. You enjoy engaging an audience and delivering a variety of presentations. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Participate in the Volunteer Development Cycle, including recruitment and selection, orientation, placement, training, stewardship and recognition of volunteers.
- Develop and build collaborative relationships with departmental/unit staff who lead volunteer programming, identifying volunteer needs and coaching staff on volunteer engagement best practices.
- Connect with volunteers in their service assignments to ensure high quality service to Hospital departments and rewarding engaging experiences for volunteers.
- Accurately input and maintain data within the Volunteer Relationship Management System (VSys One database) to support the volunteer program.
- Participate as an effective team member of the Volunteer Services Team in the design of strategic priorities, principles and protocols and support to quality and risk development.
- Remain committed to continuous learning and professional development especially within the voluntary field and others as appropriate.
- Completion of a University Undergraduate Program (preferred) or Community College Diploma Program in Human Resources, Non-Profit Management or related discipline.
- Completion of Volunteer Management/Administration Certificate
- Current certification in Volunteer Resource Management (CVRM) from Professional Administrators of Volunteer Leaders – Ontario (PAVR-O) AND/OR current certification from Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration (CVA)
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in the Voluntary Sector
- Experience with recruitment, selection and stewardship of volunteers preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Database (VSys One preferred)
Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow HR professionals, healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full-Time Regular position, 75 hours bi-weekly, days and some flexibility to work some evenings in the Volunteer Services Department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that include(s) benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.