Peel Explore and Learn is seeking a passionate Registered Educator (RECE) for the role of Preschool Educator. This is a short-term contract position for 1 - 2 months, starting January 20th, with the possibility of a permanent role thereafter.
Peel Explore and Learn is committed to supporting children and their families through high quality and inclusive early learning programs. Our centres are staffed by experienced and knowledgeable Registered ECEs who provide a nurturing environment for our toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and school-age programs.
We are seeking a nurturing and creative RECE to co-lead a Preschool Program at our Brampton location (40 Dolbyhill Road, Brampton, ON L6R 3V8).
- Registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Experience supporting children with special needs
- Flexible and energetic approach to work
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards children and colleagues
- Current criminal reference check, immunization record, TB test, CPR & first aid certification
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a high quality child care program by offering a safe, warm and caring environment
- Interact with children to enhance their participation in activities and their development
- Respond to the individual development of each child to ensure their specific needs are being met.
- Plan, develop and implement stimulating activities that reflect current interests of children in the program, including physical activity, the arts, quiet activities, construction and design, and nature, science & technology.
Hours and Contract Duration
- 8 hour rotating shift (+ 1 hour lunch) between 7 am - 6 pm, Monday - Friday
- This is a contract position for 1 - 2 months, starting January 20th, with the possibility of a permanent role thereafter.
Job Type: Contract