Skretting is the world leader in the manufacturing and supply of aquaculture feeds, making it an essential link in the feed-to-food chain. We apply our knowledge of ingredients and the nutritional needs of fish and shrimp to develop innovations that achieve optimum nutritional value, sustainable production and economic performance as we seek to fulfill our company-wide mission of ‘Feeding the Future’. Skretting is deemed an essential service as part of the food chain and we have not been impacted by the recent events and are still hiring and in need of qualified full-time, permanent candidates.
Currently, we are looking to fill an opening for a Millwright at our Vancouver, BC location. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible to ensure that plant equipment is running well through regular and effective preventative maintenance. The successful applicant will be both organized and safe minded in order to fully utilize their skills of troubleshooting and repair. Additionally, in this automated manufacturing environment it is important to have a strong mechanical aptitude.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Check and maintain all fire prevention equipment at prescribed intervals.
- Carry out and document all levels of preventative maintenance throughout all areas of the plant.
- Complete fabrication and repairs as needed.
- Check and maintain plant air compressor & boiler operations daily.
- Troubleshoot and repair fundamental electrical problems (change fuses, reset overloads, disconnect and reconnect electric motors).
- Be proactive in identifying and advising on potential maintenance problems.
- Commit to keeping the plant in good general repair.
- Communicate and report to Maintenance Manager on any activities that needs immediate attention.
- Ensure all pm & CM work orders and/or computer reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Call in request for assistance where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Certified Millwright is considered an asset (holds valid BC ITA ticket, or equivalent certification).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate or working towards one, is considered an asset
- Grade 12 diploma.
- Able to operate under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to communicate and deal with various stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
- Adapt to a flexible work style and willingly assist other functions where needed.
- Ability to work shifts, including weekends.
As a member of the Skretting Team, you can expect:
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Participation in our annual bonus program
- Career and personal development opportunities
- Annual employee events
- An organization that supports the local community
If you would like to join a progressive international company in a rapidly growing industry, please forward your cover letter and resume today!
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37.82 /hour
- Maintenance Technician: 2 years (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)