Ashcroft Homes is Ottawa's leading residential and commercial developer. Their belief in quality, innovation and integrity is evident in both their commercial and residential endeavours, including retail, office, mix-use and designer homes in the city's very best neighbourhoods.
As an innovate leader in the industry, Ashcroft Homes is seeking the services of an experienced Site Coordinator/Safety Representative.
The focus of this role will be to maintain contract documentation and assist in organizing and controlling project activities. Responsibilities will be, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend meetings and assist with determination of project requirements;
- Gather all project information: drawings, specifications, shop drawings, reports, requests for information (RFI) etc.;
- Schedule and attend site meetings to record and then distribute minutes and follow up;
- Work with Site Superintendent to understand and track the progress of work done by trades and suppliers;
- Maintain good communication with trades and suppliers to ensure timely and efficient completion of jobs, proper communication of issues and documentation;
- Monitor and coordinate communication on projects’ progress;
- Track & manage site instructions, contemplated change notices and change orders;
- Assist in the preparation of construction schedules, setting up project administration files;
- Under the direction of the Site Superintendent and Project Manager, maintain correspondence with Owner, Architect, Engineers, and Consultants;
- Coordinate deliveries to site
- Receive and verify materials delivered;
- Assist Site Superintendent with scheduling of additional personnel on site;
- Assist with clarifying scope of work with sub-trades and suppliers;
- At the end of the project, coordinate with trades for As-Built and O&M manuals.
This position will also be responsible for performing the duties of Site Safety Representative. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the site to ensure all workers are following safe working practices;
- Identifying situations that may be a source of danger or hazardous to workers;
- Reporting necessary information to the MOL and accompanying MOL inspector during visits;
- Completing necessary documentation for MOL and safety related issues;
- Meeting with Safety Consultant and supporting the implementation of safety plan;
- Conducting investigations when necessary;
- Help develop safe work procedures and utilization of proper protective equipment and practices;
- Actively participate in Joint Health and Safety committees and field employee meetings
- Orienting new hires and delivering new training when necessary
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma or university degree in architecture, architectural technology, construction management / project management, business or commerce
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Site Coordinator in Residential Construction (high-rise and retirement home construction experience would be considered assets)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (bilingualism an asset)
- Read and understand construction-related drawings/documents
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Project etc.
- First Aid/CPR “C” certification an asset
- Working at Heights/WHMIS certification an asset
- Basic Certification and Workplace Specific Hazard Training would be considered an asset
Ashcroft Homes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Ashcroft Homes will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Site Coordinator in Residential Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- High Rise: 1 year (Required)