Under the direction of the site supervisor , this Skilled Demolition Labourer position is to perform manual hand demolition work to support the demolition and decommissioning of a building and infrastructure at a site in the Northwest Territories.
- Tasks may include hand demolition, breaking materials into panels, measuring, cutting and pulling apart structures. Carrying, stacking and loading materials, receiving long line debris from a helicopter.
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Knowing job procedures and if in doubt know where to locate written work procedures.
- Performing work with co-workers in a safe, responsible, and cooperative manner.
- Performing any other duty or task as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and/or Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven experience with demolition activities.
- Torch cutting experience would be preferred.
- Familiar with demolition hand tools.
- Asbestos abatement experience would be an asset
- Able to identify hazards on sites and complete JSA’s and hazard assessments.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a labourer in the demolition industry.
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09 / OSSA Regional Orientation or BSO or CSO, Intermediate First Aid, Chainsaw Ticket, Bear Awareness (in class).
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations.
- Must have own Safety boots -Requirement is 6" lace up steel toed (CSA Approved).
- Must have valid class 5 drivers license
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day.
- Must be willing to work in a remote setting in the Northwest Territories on a rotational schedule
- Accommodation provided
- Wage $28-$30, dependent on skill and experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$30.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Work Location: In person