Position Summary: Fairview Senior’s Community is recruiting a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join our Program Team. This part-time position assists in supporting the vibrant craft program by developing and implementing innovative activities and programs to provide meaningful social inclusion, a sense of belonging and contribution for seniors in the Fairview community. Creativity for new crafts and ideas is needed. Ability to identify needs of individual crafters, break down projects into piece work and adapt projects to individual needs is an absolute must.
Assets and Qualifications:
- Previous experience working with seniors
- Enjoys a variety of crafts with a knowledge of: sewing, quilting, woodworking, Cricut, and other artistic mediums
- Energetic, adaptable individual with the ability to organize multiple people and projects
- Attention to detail and ability to manage tight deadlines is critical
- Must be self-motivated to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Positive, team-work attitude and approach to work
- Education in Recreation & Leisure Studies /Therapeutic Recreation / Gerontology
- Current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector component required
- Current TB skin test required
Position Specific Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify needs of individual crafters, break down projects into piece work and adapt projects to individual needs.
- Plan and promote weekly creative arts programs: Handicraft Tuesday, art programs, workshops, etc.
- Use creativity to plan new crafts and ideas for the program.
- Assign tasks for participants to assist with preparation of weekly programs: this could include marking items, ironing, pinning, and cutting.
- Encourage tenant/member participation in activities.
- Assist and support crafters in creating a wide variety of items.
- Collaborate and guide volunteers in craft and campus programming.
- Develop, promote, supervise and evaluate a full range of programs and special events appropriate to the needs and interests of the tenants and community members.
- Participate in Centre special events and holiday happenings in collaboration with Centre staff.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with participants; create and open and welcoming environment for new tenants/members.
- Assist in collection and analysis of program statistics.
- Work with campus team to coordinate and facilitate Fairview’s Annual Handicraft Sale.
Shift Information: This part time position may include evening and/or weekend work.
If you require accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process, per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, please speak with the hiring contact. Fairview Seniors Community will be pleased to support you.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- recreation and leisure: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)