We are seeking a Community Support Worker on a permanent basis. The person will work 23 hours every week at our 11A residence. You will ensure the well-being and promoting the development of individuals. You assist with their physical, social, emotional, educational and recreational needs. Your manner promotes greater community interdependence and personal dignity. A result-oriented person that works with others to obtain the desired outcomes is required. Direct program delivery interests you. This position is open to male and female applicants.
The successful candidate:
- Utilizes the Society’s Service Principles and Mission Statement.
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Is effective in both a group and one-to-one setting.
- Understands behavioural guidelines and incident reporting procedures.
- Practices good organisational and time management skills.
- Remains empathetic and supportive of the individuals we support and co-workers.
- Has met the employment requirements of the Society.
- Uses outcome-based performance for the individuals we support and for themselves.
- Is knowledgeable of acts, regulations and programs.
- Applies their working knowledge of community and provincial based programs including the theory, principles and practices of the field.
- Has completed an education in Human Sciences at a degree, diploma or certificate level with twelve months practical experience or the equivalent as determined by the Society.
- Community participation and personal care assistance are required.
- Has computer knowledge including word processing and PLP.
- Current unrestricted Class 4 driver’s license; or the ability to acquire within probationary period
- Emergency First Aid – Community Care
- May be required to use own vehicle.
- This position requires union membership.
- Knowledge of Autism and working with individuals in aging population.
- Ability to provide personal care.
- Ability to assist with all domestic duties.
Typical Work Schedule:
- Thursday 9 AM - 3 PM
- Friday 9 AM - 3 PM
- Saturday 10 AM - 3:30 PM
- Sunday 10 AM - 3:30 PM
Reference ID: 16-20
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.52 - $23.90 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 4 Drivers License (Required)
- Emergency First Aid (Required)