Are you passionate about enriching the lives of children? A creative and innovative individual who enjoys planning? An individual who is driven to create an inclusive, safe and engaging environment?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions and are looking for your next challenge, we encourage you to apply for the role of After School Support Worker with the YMCA of Greater Saint John!
As a Support Worker, you will collaborate with your team to create and follow an individual program plan for a specific child while interacting and forming relationships with all individuals in the program. Daily journals will be completed and shared with parents and all members of the team. You will form relationships with children and their families to create a safe, welcoming environment for all.
- Understands each child and their family’s specific needs and plans for successful outcomes.
- Ensures that all daily routines are followed, documented and completed in a timely fashion.
- Understands and complies with the New Brunswick Child Care facilities standards and Abuse Protocol Practices. Plans and implements programming in accordance with the YMCA and New Brunswick standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to children’s learning and is responsive to research and practices to foster inclusion.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures outlined in the YMCA of Greater Saint John employee and child care policy manuals. Adheres to record keeping as outlined by the Department of Social Development. Ensures that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Weekly documentation must be completed, recorded, and submitted to your supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a Day Camp or Youth Program setting
- Early Childhood Education Certificate/Diploma, Human Service Counsellor Certificate, Educational Assistant Certificate or related studies would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the New Brunswick Curriculum Framework and/ or A Place to Connect is an asset.
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours.
- Strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- First Aid/CPR or willingness to obtain.
- Ability to work flexible hours within the times of 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
What We Offer
- YMCA membership
- In-house training and professional development opportunities
- Uniform and uniform allowance
- Personal “Y Day”
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits and pension plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Opportunities for cross-training across departments
- Paid job-related certifications (ie. First aid/CPR)
- Candidates are required to provide full proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine.
- Employment is contingent on having a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, along with a Social Development Check with no convictions.
If this is an opportunity that aligns with your qualifications and interest, please submit your resume and cover letter. The YMCA of Greater Saint John appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.