Reporting to the Manager of Benefit Administration, the Benefit Administrator is responsible for participating in the New Group Implementation meeting; and setting up various types of benefits and coverage’s. The Benefit Administrator processes amendments for existing plan designs, terminates groups as requested as well as uploads eligibility files where applicable.
New Group Implementation
- Participates in new group implementation meetings, constructs all new group plans on the HP and/or MBS systems as well as various applications within.
- Determines the Group/Division/Unit hierarchy structure and sets up various types of benefits such as but not limited to; Health, Dental, Out-Of-Country and Health Spending Accounts utilizing internal check off forms.
- Reviews and modifies the benefit coverage’s based on the details of the Master Application.
- Responsible for double checking all new groups thoroughly and must ensure corrections are complete prior to releasing the new group package.
- Records all new groups set up on an internal logging sheet to ensure accuracy and completion according to established standards.
- Ensures that all tasks for new group set up are completed within established standards.
Plan Design Maintenance (Amendments and Terminations)
- Processes various types of amendments and terminations based on the details provided on the amendment form or Master Application as per client request. * Ensures that the plan design is set up accurately; utilizing check off forms and according to established core processes.
- Audits all amendments thoroughly and ensures that corrections are completed prior to sign off.
- Records all amendments/terminations on an internal logging sheet to monitor completeness according to established standards.
- Ensures that all tasks for plan design maintenance are completed within established standards.
- Replies to inquiries relating to plan set up and displays a thorough approach to problem solving.
- Identifies and investigates escalated issues, generates and reviews reports as required, resolves issue and establishes preventative measures.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Three years related experience within ClaimSecure or previous experience working in the Health Insurance Industry would be an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and prioritize accordingly
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of internal workings of department
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong PC knowledge in standard applications: WORD, EXCEL, and some ACCESS
- Team player and service oriented
- Takes initiative, pro-active, self-motivated and supportive of other ClaimSecure departments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29,250.00 /year
- Benefits Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Benefits: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)