Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader ? automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Cashier team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers. This position requires delivering friendly and courteous service while processing customer purchases efficiently and correctly. This role involves the operation of a computerized cash register.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Operates cash register and all point of sales functions.
· Processes customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
· Accurately verifies merchandise quantities, descriptions and prices when processing customer purchases.
· Balances cash and is aware of amount of cash on hand.
· Maintains merchandise around the cash area and ensures that retail basics are executed efficiently.
· Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
· Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives in offering exceptional service to customers.
· Strong belief in the Canadian Tire values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
· Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
· Attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
· Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
· Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
· Strong mathematical ability and typing skills.
· Ability to work with computerized systems and with minimum supervision.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
· Next levels: Customer Service Representative, Merchandiser, Cashier Supervisor, and Department Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
· Standing/walking for 8 hours.
· Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
Our offering includes
· Competitive compensation and benefit package
· Potential for Profit Sharing
· Employee Shopping Discounts
· Flexible work hours
· Learning and Development opportunities
· Reward and Recognition Program
· A culture of performance & accountability
· A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
· Employment Verification
· Criminal Background Check
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 15-25 per week
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Retail Associates & Cashiers: 1 year (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-03-13