Due to time constraints, only candidates eligible to work in Canada immediately (Canadian citizens / Permanent Residents / Open work permit holders) will be considered. We would like to thank everyone for their interest.
We are looking to bring on a VFX Producer to join NETFX, the in-house VFX team of Netflix. This is an exciting opportunity for experienced VFX production staff to showcase your organization, management and leadership skills at the highest levels.
- Must have 4+ years of experience in VFX Post production producing high quality TV and feature films
- Must have excellent understanding of the VFX pipeline
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to seamlessly communicate with in house team, production staff, and clients on all levels
- Must be able to be flexible and multitask while remaining calm and meticulously detail oriented
- Must have experience in formulating and executing plans to organize the VFX schedule and workflow to ensure on time and on budget delivery
- Must have experience building and staffing teams to accommodate incoming projects
- Must have ability to maintain a positive and supportive work environment
- Must be highly proficient in using Shotgun, RV, G Suite, and various file transfer platforms ie. Aspera, Media Shuttle, etc.
Job duties may include but not be limited to the following
- Working with the VFX Coordinator and VFX Supervisor to ensure studio schedule aligns with client needs
- Act as main point of contact for Client and Production questions and requests
- Must be updated on all VFX shots and scope of work, and be able to relay information to client and artists as necessary
- Along with the VFX Coordinator, must schedule deliveries to ensure all VFX is delivered according to temp, special screening, and final delivery schedules
- Work with the VFX Executive Producer to ensure all VFX shots are on budget
- Liaise with IT team to ensure all staff has necessary software needs
- Along with the VFX Coordinator, ensure Shotgun is updated with all relevant project and VFX shot information
- Communicate all scope changes and notes to Production team and artists
- Work with VFX Executive Producer to ensure staffing is adequate for project needs
- Work with VFX Supervisor to ensure artists’ work performance meets expectations
The position we are looking to fill is for a NetFX subcontractor position, and is not an official Netflix position.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)