Started in 1998, Hydrotek Hydroponics is a leading manufacturer, importer, and wholesale distributor of commercial hydroponics grow equipment and supplies. Headquartered in Mirabel Canada, we work with resellers and all core professionals in the indoor and greenhouse cultivation industry providing essential products at the best possible wholesale prices across North America.
We are looking to hire an experienced English Copywriter for our Mirabel head office to support our North America communications plans.
The English Copywriter will be responsible for creating engaging copy that aligns with the company’s philosophy and values at every touchpoint. The English Copywriter also creates and proofreads all marketing, promotional and editorial copy for all marketing and sales collateral to best represent the company’s brand and product in the marketplace. He or she must have a deep knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) principles, including on-page structural elements, metadata, keyword research approaches, and content optimization (with guidance from our SEO specialists.)
This person will participate in the execution of the communication plan to reach B2B and B2C customers and the media. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and using data to make marketing recommendations. We are focused on providing a best-in-class customer experience, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal.
- Familiarity with writing for different audiences in different contexts, such as business and promotional, and different forms, such as articles, product descriptions, social media, newsletters, videos, etc.
- Conformance to in-house style guides
- Ability to work independently and cross-check information
- Understanding of variations in US, Canadian, and international English
- Understanding of variation between B2B and B2C
- Knowledge of SEO principles (Required)
- Execute communication action plan, editorial calendar and campaigns schedule.
- Write company messaging to ensure brand integrity and create copy for all campaigns (B2C & B2B), and all marketing material including and not restricted to: newsletters, print, website and social media, e-mail, brochures, videos, etc.
- Participate in marketing campaign meetings with other key players to understand the company’s expectations relating to marketing content
- Work with the in-house marketing team to develop creative concepts
- Review all marketing material
- Copywrite and edit effective advertising and standard copy for product catalog and web pages.
- Understand different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Maintain a clear and consistent brand voice
- Stay in the know on marketing trends and competitors’ marketing activities
- Other ad hoc copywriting requests
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Qualifications: Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Creative Writing, English, Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- 5+ years of copywriting experience
- Excellent communication and proofreading skills
- Experience developing marketing concepts
- Balance technical and creative writing
- Possesses superior attention to detail
- Autonomous, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong team player, ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High degree of accountability
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office & Adobe Acrobat
- SEO writing experience absolutely required
NOTE: Full time job on site – No freelance
Job Type: Full-time
- Copywriting: 5 years (Required)