Ursus Transport is seeking an energetic, friendly, and highly organized individual as a Driver Trainer/Safety Coordinator.
Operating within the Safety Department this role will touch upon various aspects of Safety and Compliance as well as play a key role in the fluidity of our internal Safety Team. The ideal candidate will be hands on, able to multi task, be highly organized and be a strategic problem solver.
Major duties will include but not limited to:
· driver training and certification
· driver recruitment (including road testing), qualification, training and policy enforcement
· IFTA / Fuel Tax reporting.
· vehicle and driver inspections.
· vehicle maintenance record keeping and policy implementation.
· assist in safety KPI goal setting and action plan implementation.
· manage and maintain driver certifications, training and safety scorecards
· planning, conducting and documenting safety meetings as required including researching selected topics according to driver meeting schedule.
· OTR repair and rescue strategy and planning including rotating after hours on-call for vehicle breakdown and repair coordination.
· review and follow up on any moving violations, damages, convictions, incidents, and accidents.
· coordinating safety, security (and/or repair) of our secure premises.
· assist with other safety duties as required, permitting, plating, e-log install.
· participation in Occupational Health & Safety Committee meetings.
Must have own vehicle
Certificate or Diploma related to Occupational Health & Safety an asset
CRSP, CTSP or CDS certifications considered an asset
Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Transportation Industry Experience with knowledge of CVOR management preferred
Knowledge of applicable Transportation regulations, codes, practices and standards including the ability to interpret and apply legislation as related to Transportation.
Strong command of the English language with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced and changing environment.
Strong attention to detail.
Reference ID: safety 2020-04-07
Job Type: Permanent