Coopérative de Transport Maritime et Aérien Association Coopérative (CTMA)
CTMA Traversier Ltée
435 chemin Avila-Arseneau
Cap-aux-Meules, QC, G4T 1J3
- Communicate the food menus effectively with the customers
- Greet and seat customers at tables
- Be courteous with customers and offer friendly service
- Collect payments from customers
- Balance the cash register at the end of the day
- Maintain a clean and proper workstation
- Assist in boarding and greeting passengers on board
- Perform all other related tasks as required and as directed by the supervisor
The selected candidate will have to prove that he or she meets all the following conditions:
- Hold a high school diploma or a vocational diploma (an asset)
- Hold a STCW-BS Basic Safety Training Certificate or equivalent
- Hold a Crisis Management and Human Behaviour STCW Training Certificate or equivalent
- Hold a Crowd Management and Safety STCW Training Certificate or equivalent
- Hold a Security Awareness STCW Training Certificate or equivalent
- Hold a marine medical certificate
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience on board ships
- Have a minimum of two (2) years experience in similar positions
- Have an optimal awareness regarding health and safety at work and optimal awareness in environmental protection
- Be a good team player
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Intermediate level of oral communication and comprehension in French required
- Beginner level of written communication and comprehension in French required
Conditions of employment:
This job is for a seasonal position from May 6th, 2020, to November 1st, 2020.
The work schedule of from 40 to 56 hours per week for two (2) consecutive weeks of work with one (1) week off.
The captain of the ship has the authority to allocate a reasonable task or function that may required for the efficient and safe operation of the ship.
French and English
Knowledge of French is required
Hourly rate of $15.77 according to the collective agreement.
- Annual vacation: 5%
- Uniform work provided
- Meals provided on board
- Other benefits under the collective agreement
Work may be performed on board any ship operated by CTMA Traversier Ltée, its subsidiaries or its affiliated corporations. Candidates must be able to work on board a ship for long hours.
The position will be mainly based at 435 Avila-Arseneau Road, Cap-aux-Meules, QC, G4T 1J3.
Director of Human Resources
Telephone: 418-896-6600 ext. 258
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.77 /hour