Position: IT Systems Administrator
Start date: As soon as possible.
Reports to: Director of Technology
Deadline to Apply: December 6th, 2019.
Hours per week: 35 hours
Salary: $44,000 - $61,000 depending on education and experience
*About Loyola High School:
Loyola is a Jesuit, Catholic school that challenges its young men to become intellectually competent, open to growth, religious, loving and committed to doing justice. A university-preparatory school, Loyola is committed to the development of the whole person through a comprehensive educational experience of academic excellence, spiritual and religious formation, and extra-curricular involvement.
Loyola is seeking an experienced systems administrator who is eager to apply their skills in a mission-driven, educational environment. This disciplined self-starter will maintain Loyola’s information systems, innovate processes, implement new software and hardware, and contribute to the overall IT strategy of the high school.
*Objectives of this Role
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems (Windows Server, MacOS, Linux), security tools, backups, applications, servers, G-Suite Administration, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Innovate processes and infrastructure.
- Support, monitor, and manage IT infrastructure and networking.
- Work closely with a small team to help maintain and grow the technological integration at the school.
*Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, access points, switches, firewall, printers, phones, security updates.
- Administer Active Directory and associated identity and access management (IAM) system.
- Administer IT Service Continuity plan.
- Administer major hardware and service life cycles.
- Lead infrastructure projects and collaborate with IT team and vendors.
- Build, configure, secure, patch and administer vSphere/Windows servers.
- Standardize, automate, and orchestrate routine processes to ensure consistency.
- Organize purchase of servers, storage, network equipment and software.
- Build and deploy desktop images.
*Required Skills and Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of computer operating systems, virtualization, computer and networking hardware, network design and configuration.
- A degree or certification in systems administration, network administration or equivalent experience.
- A+ certification (maintain, repair and upgrade hardware and software) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in the Information Technology industry.
- Network+ certification (networking fundamentals including OSI, routers, switches, packets, troubleshooting) or equivalent experience.
- Experience and comfort with the specific needs of a secondary school environment (infrastructure, staff and students).
- Comfortable working in French and English.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Should demonstrate an understanding of the Jesuit mission in education.
APPLICATION: Kindly submit a cover letter, resume, relevant certifications, and references via the link below: *
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
Salaire : 44 000,00$ à 61 000,00$ /année