Atlantic Store Operations
Part Time or Full Time:
Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
0725 Bedford South Sobeys
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service. Execute the required duties for all areas of the Administration Department by cross-training in as many areas as possible to allow for flexibility within the department. Areas of cross-training may include; Human Resources, clerical, store expenses, receiving, file maintenance, fresh inventory, and store audit processes. Execute duties with care and accuracy at all times. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Human Resources- Clerical
- Perform payroll and benefit functions
- Maintain people planner information (Work Force Management)
- Assist with new hire process
- Assist with on-boarding of new employees
- Conduct food safety audits
- Conduct OH&S inspections
- Perform administrative duties while overseeing occupational and non-occupational disability claims
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Prepare weekly/ monthly file maintenance updates
- Perform head office maintenance requests
- Maintain store signage, pricing, accuracy and product integrity
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Provide store reports to departments as instructed by the Manager/ Administrator
- Perform clerical/ administrative functions as required
- Maintain and control receiving area
- Maintain safety and security policies
- Process incoming and out-going inventory
- Maintain external vendor relations
- Manage reclamation process
- Complete and record inventory count process for Fresh Departments
- Other inventory functions assigned by the Administration Manager
- Maintain SMART standards
- All other administrative duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to operate office computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Kronos and SAP software
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of three months experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.