Maplesoft Group is currently seeking a Senior Application Architect to join one of our clients located in Calgary.
Description of tasks:
- Provide high quality expertise in architecting principles, approaches and best practices to effectively support the development of software applications and solutions in a .Net environment.
- Assist in buy vs build analysis and documentation for software solutions.
- Design frameworks, components and solutions that satisfy business requirements while maximizing the goal of reuse when applicable.
- Evaluate current services, recommend remedial actions where required.
- Assist in determining hardware/software requirements.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams on proof of concept and limited production roll outs.
- Provide quality control on production implementations.
- Ensure the application architecture is aligned with the ministry and GOA enterprise architecture standards and guidelines.
- Assist in developing project plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to architectural deployment and services delivery.
- Assist in developing task lists and resource assignments within the context of architectural planning and deployments.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to project team members by producing written specifications as needed, presenting technical information in formal meetings, and facilitating technical discussions.
- Document technical recommendations; provide technical advice and guidance to management, operations, project team members and relevant others.
- Document architecture designs, architectural models, related test plans, quality assurance plans, and other documents as required.
- Ensure change management processes are followed.
- Make recommendations to project team members pertaining to issues, risks and client satisfaction.
- Research, evaluate and report on the latest technology trends relevant to business needs.
- Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.
Maplesoft Group prides itself on its distinct corporate culture and recognizes that success is a direct reflection of our most valuable asset - our people. Therefore, attitude and ambition are key personality traits we seek out, along with skill and aptitude, in potential employees.
We thank you for your interest in Maplesoft Group and wish to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.