Surgical, ICU and Client Communication Registered technicians wanted!
Full and Part Time opportunities available
New grads welcome!!
AHOC is a full service family owned small animal hospital with AAHA & Cat Friendly- Gold accreditation located in Cambridge. We provide Routine Preventive Pet Care as well as Daytime Emergency & Critical Care services 7 days a week.
We believe in empowering our technicians to utilize all of their skills. With referral and daytime emergency services, we see a wide variety of medical and surgical cases including orthopedic and soft tissue surgery with our board certified surgeon. Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new!
Another aspect to our practice is the Safe and Sound Rescue Program. We strongly believe in re homing surrendered and abandoned pets. All of our staff have the added privilege of being a part of this great cause.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics or abilities:
· Is an RVT in good standing with diploma or eligible to register for VTNE
· A positive, compassionate attitude when dealing with work colleagues & pet parents
· Holds their self to a high standard in providing the best patient care and customer service
· Is outgoing, confident, & comfortable with communication skills
· Ability to maintain medical records & perform technical duties with great attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize tasks, triage patients, & problem solve independently and as part of a team
· Ability to adapt to changing situations and work in a fast-paced environment
· Can perform technical duties related to surgery, lab work (referral and in-house), nursing / monitoring skills, dental procedures, anesthetic monitoring, radiography, tech appointments, blood collections, & IV catheter placement.
· Compensation based on levels of education and experience
· CE provided
· Uniform allowance
· OAVT dues paid annually *
· Coming Spring 2020 – health care plan
· AHOC Bonus Bucks for rewards in participation and contributions to the team
· Hands-free radiography
Reference ID: RVT FT/PT
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time