To coordinate the activities of the ocean import department to ensure a courteous and efficient customer experience while maintaining a competitive cost structure for both Bolloré Logistics and our clients. Keep clients updated with the status of their shipment.
- Understand and comply with the procedures related to ocean import.
- Receive client orders and send them to the originating agent in order to coordinate shipments with suppliers
- Follow up with agents to ensure that the shipments are shipped on the planned date.
- Receive the bill of lading from overseas agents.
- Open files for shipment and enter data in the operational system according to the ISO standards of the company.
- Update events in the Pegasus system.
- Inform clients, via e-mail, of the details of their shipments and the date of arrival.
- Keep up to date shipment files with documents received by agents
- Invoice clients and ensure that all charges for services rendered are included and that rates are billed according to the agreement (if necessary, verify credit with the accounting department)
- Select an approved supplier for shipping amongst the ISO list of approved suppliers.
- Other duties as defined by the immediate supervisor
Competencies and Skills Required :
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Fluent in English, both written and oral; ability to communicate clearly;
- Ability to manage stress, prioritize and pay attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; customer service skills, team player, time management.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in similar position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Freight Agent: 1 year (Preferred)
- canadian work permit, residency or citizenship (Preferred)