Provides work direction and monitors daily activities of night stocking staff while ensuring the store is stocked as well as aesthetically merchandised supporting all promotional and seasonal events to corporate standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in managing the operation of receiving/stocking as well as equipment.
- Ensures work priorities provided are completed. Delegates tasks and follows up to ensure performance standards have been satisfied.
- Plays an active and continuous role in the preventing accidents as they relate to operations, equipment and the handling goods.
- Moves and stores, any and all goods received during the day and/or night.
- Helps to ensure that all products are properly labelled and signed
- Makes sure the goods are transported to the proper departments.
- Divides the goods when necessary.
- Replenishes shelves, sets up signs and stores surplus goods in elevated storage spaces while ensuring a constant vigilance for safety.
- Ensures all work is conducted in compliance to all relevant health and safety policies and legislation.
- Creates an awareness of the loss prevention programs as they pertain to associates and works with these programs.
- Attempts to eliminate dangerous situation, and reports any such situation to the supervisor and makes recommendations on correcting the problem.
- Prepares goods for delivery by placing said goods at the appropriate locations.
- Handles goods with care and replaces damaged goods.
- Upon request, will execute any other related task.
### Job Requirements
- Must be a demonstrated decision-maker who easily interacts with others, and who adopts a ‘hands-on” approach to leading and motivating a team.
- Position requires good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with co-workers and superiors.
- Position requires an individual who is able to prioritize and respond to situations in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Lift truck license, First Aid training, and prior Supervisory experience an asset.