The Quality Assurance Associate will report to the Quality Assurance Manager (QAP) and will be responsible for providing quality oversight for site manufacturing operations. The QA Associate will be accountable for document control and SOP trainings in strict compliance with the Cannabis Regulations and Good Production Practices.
Sweetgrass is a 100,000 + sq. ft. cannabis production facility located in Strathcona County, Alberta and is regulated by the Cannabis Act (Canada) and its Regulations. Our Company offers a broad range of advancement opportunities for prospective employees and we are always looking for talented people who are interested in challenging work and continuous professional development.
- Responsible for record keeping and documentation such as specification procedures, inspection schedule and records, surveillance report, inspection release notice and quality records book with numbering system according to project filing procedure;
- Handling of documents, controlling all records and sub-contractors documents;
- Ensure that all controlled Quality documents related to the Project are maintained to the latest issue, and that these documents are made available at all locations where operations essential to the effective functioning of the Quality Management System are performed;
- Submitting technical documents for review and approval;
- Preparing and update of various logs and registers;
- Manage SOP trainings of all employees including scheduling & follow-up trainings;
- Ensure that all production activities are carried out as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and in compliance with GPP; and
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager & Quality Assurance Specialist as applicable.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- BSc. in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology, Food Science, Microbiology or Environmental Science;
- Strong ethics coupled with respect for the highest compliance standards;
- Strong and current knowledge of Good Agricultural Practice, Good Manufacturing Practice, regulatory and environmental guidelines as per the Cannabis Regulations;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office; and
- Excellent communication skills.
You Are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management.
You are a CLEAR COMMUNICATOR capable of speaking and writing professionally, clearly and concisely.
You are a RESEARCH GURU, proficient in researching and retaining complicated compliance knowledge.
- 2-3 years’ experience within a Quality Assurance position;
- Proven knowledge and experience in the stated responsibilities of the position (i.e. Food, Pharma, NHP);
- Previous experience as a stand-alone QA/QC resource having direct responsibility for determining strategic objectives to meet quality with given resources and carry out tactical execution; and
- Preferred experience with GMP, GAP, HPLC, GCMS, GLP, HACCP, ISO and FDA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
Sweetgrass is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)