For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Travel Claims Case Management Coordinator
Full Time, Permanent
Starting at $ 35 800.00
February 9, 2020
The insurance business isn’t just about claims – it’s about relationships too. No one wants to be in a situation where they are sick or injured out of their home province, but sometimes the unexpected happens. It’s in those moments that our members put their trust in us to provide the guidance they need to navigate their benefit options. They aren’t just looking for someone to process their claim; they are looking for someone they can count on to get them back to the quality of life they deserve.
Travel Claims is a multi-disciplinary team of over 15 professionals. As the Travel Case Management Coordinator, you will work closely with the Case Managers in information collection and ongoing maintenance of travel claim files. This position also requires communication with all stakeholders, high attention to detail and the ability to seek solutions. In this position hours flex from 8-5.
- Opening new case files for Case Managers, updating case notes, forwarding forms to clients and providers in specified timeframes;
- Maintaining and updating the Out Of Province Forms follow up;
- Preparing and submitting claims to the appropriate provincial health plan;
- Tracking reimbursements from provincial health plans and applying those moneys to the proper member/system;
- Registering claims received and updating various information databases;
- Coordinating claims with various claim discount providers;
- Answering telephone inquiries from clients, providers and other departments at Medavie Blue Cross;
- Coordinating benefits with other insurers;
- Keying claims to our system for history updates; and
- Providing backup to the other Case Management Coordinators when necessary.
- Accurately manage financial responsibilities related to administering of preparing letters, i.e., templates, formatting and proofreading for errors.
Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of six months’ experience working in an administrative role, preferably in health care or health service setting. Customer service experience is also preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience as a medical secretary would be considered an asset
- High attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to complete financial calculations using tools provided
- Self-motivated and energetic person who enjoys being part of a team;
- Strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills;
- Strong sense of urgency;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with difficult and/or sensitive situations;
- Strong PC skills with a high level of accuracy.
Excellent computer skills with superior knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Claims, Manager, Medical, Case Manager, Insurance, Management, Healthcare